Carrot and Bacon Soup
8-10 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
½ medium sweet onion, chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp organic Better Than Bouillon paste, chicken flavored
4 cups hot water
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp sugar
4 oz evaporated milk or milk substitute
⅓ cup Bacon Bits
- Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot and saute the chopped onions until transparent.
- Add the carrot pieces and cook and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot water to the bouillion paste and mix thoroughly.
- Add to the carrots along with the second two cups of hot water.
- Cover and cook until the carrots are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a blender to puree the carrot and onion mixture.
- Return the carrot puree to the stock pot, adding water if the consistency is too thick.
- Add the curry powder, sugar, milk and bacon bits and heat through.