4-5 potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ sweet onion, minced
1 cup hot water
1 tsp vegetarian Better Than Bouillon paste
1 can of corn
1 can of creamstyle corn
Salt & Pepper
1 4 oz can of evaporated milk or half n half cream
- In a large stock pot, heat oil on medium and add minced onion and minced garlic. Saute 3-4 minutes, until onion starts to brown. Add potatoes and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until they start to brown.
- Dissolve bouillon paste in hot water and add to pot. Add an additional ½ cup of hot water if necessary. Bring mixture to boiling and then simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- When potatoes are soft, remove from heat and use a masher or pastry blender to mash potatoes in the pot.
- Add corn and cream style corn. Simmer 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add milk or cream and heat through. Serve hot.
- Garnish with bacon bits and/or grated cheddar cheese.