1 ½ cups shredded cheese (swiss or cheddar)
4 teaspoons all purpose flour
½ cup cooked meat (canned chicken or diced ham)
1 cup milk
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground dry mustard
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1 cup cooked vegetable (steamed broccoli, chopped raw spinach, raw mushrooms)
- In a medium bowl, toss 4 teaspoons flour with the grated cheese. Sprinkle mixture into the pie shell. On top of the cheese sprinkle the meat and vegetable.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and then add salt and mustard powder. Beat until smooth and pour over cheese, meat and vegetable.
- Put a piece of plastic wrap large enough to overlap sides over top of the quiche, then a piece of foil and seal well around the edges. (The plastic wrap keeps the foil from sticking to the food). Place prepared quiche in freezer.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 400 F. Remove foil and plastic wrap. Put foil around the edge of crust to protect it from burning or over browning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Garnish with parsley.